NANOEMULSION DELIVERY SYSTEM – PCT IB2009/055754
A nanoemulsion, which acts as delivery system, consisting of a pool of excipients specifically selected to:
- solubilise lipophilic molecules, insoluble in aqueous solutions.
- improve bioavailability of otherwise poorly absorbable molecules.
- increase the speed of action of the product.
Pharmaceutical form: sublingual oral spray.
- the high vascularisation of the sublingual mucosa allows faster absorption.
- intestinal absorption is bypassed, thereby avoiding first-pass effect in the hepatic circulati.
Deliverable active ingredients: poorly bioavailable lipophilic substances, metabolised in the liver.
Examples of application:
- sublingual spray with vitamin D3, known to contribute to calcium homeostasis and to maintain bone physiological wellbeing.
- sublingual spray with melatonin, useful for alleviating sleep disorders (jet lag, insomnia).